20 September 2007

I.F.P. Market Blog Post #1

I would love to blow your mind with a brilliant line (quote) of a brilliant song about New York and make you feel what I am feeling now. But trying to explain myself right now it would be in the same lines as Kayne West’s gusto on his latest “Graduation” album. PRETTY EXHAUSTED and WEAK. Sorry Kayne, but please stop!
I am up here for the IFP Market in Manhattan seeing over 50+ Works In Progress’s in 3 days and will get 20 more out tomorrow to end the program. The IFP Market has hit it’s 29th Anniversary at he Angelika Theater in Manhattan and the vibe is still kicking strong. Great films, great parties, some amazing new faces and the best of the best in old faces, and we love them all.
I will post some pics in the IFP Market Wrap-Up blog. Loving it here this year, and looks like we will be seeing some of these films soon and push them to great festivals in time for Florida, SXSW or Tribeca next year.
I was able to grab a pint and see Liverpool draw to Porto, grrrrr…Pennant…the song for rings “You’ll Never Walk Again” if you act up like that again, ya putz. The famous pub is the Liverpool supporters HQ called the 11th Street Pub. But did some more drinking at Nevada Smith’s for more Champions League games. Saw the Old ‘97’s for free outside the World Trade Center with Programming Director Matthew Curtis of the Florida Film Festival and theater extraordinaire Jonathan Solari.
Seeing some people I haven’t seen in months, to 5 years, to ten years. It’s been an insane run and ready to get some sleep.
This isn’t the big IFP Blog I wanted to write, just a check in. But things are great, friends are great, films are great, but most of all films are great. In the words of Kayne West’s, in his latest single “Stronger”, two words can wrap up my final thoughts…”Me Likey.” Yup! I’m not kidding, please Kayne, STOP! Paris Hilton says “Me Likey” when she orders her 12th Gin and Tonic around midnight at a club, not a 30 year old grown male, who makes (not so hip-hop anymore) records.

Brian Quain

No comments: